The GLBC of Georgia is the largest and most progressive black caucus in the nation with a membership of 60 African American state legislators serving in the current 2017 – 2018 session.
The Georgia Legislative Black Caucus
The Georgia Legislative Black Caucus is a nonprofit, charitable, nonpartisan and educational organization, organized for the following purposes:
1) To protect the general welfare of African American people, people of color and disadvantaged citizens of Georgia in matters of health, welfare, education, criminal justice and employment;
2) To efficiently develop remedies for growing social and economic problems;
3) To stimulate the professional and intellectual advancement of its members;
4) To develop good citizenship; and
5) To advance the study and implement solutions to problems effecting African Americans and all people of color in the State of Georgia.
It is our Vision to set high standards for African American legislators and other political leaders for years to come. We want to boldly assert the power of the black vote and the power of the black voice. Our ultimate vision is for all blacks and all of Georgia’s citizens to enjoy the God-given rights of justice and equality.
Without Vision the People Perish.