The largest black caucus in the nation with a membership of 60 African American state legislators!
The Georgia Legislative Black Caucus is a nonprofit, charitable, nonpartisan and educational organization.
Our caucus is organized to do the following purposes:
1) To protect the general welfare of African American people, people of color and disadvantaged citizens of Georgia in matters of health, welfare, education, criminal justice and employment;
2) To efficiently develop remedies for growing social and economic problems;
3) To stimulate the professional and intellectual advancement of its members;
4) To develop good citizenship; and
5) To advance the study and implement solutions to problems effecting African Americans and all people of color in the State of Georgia.
It is our Vision to set high standards for African American legislators and other political leaders for years to come. We want to boldly assert the power of the black vote and the power of the black voice. Our ultimate vision is for all blacks and all of Georgia’s citizens to enjoy the God-given rights of justice and equality.
Without Vision the People Perish.
This day-long series of presentations and interactive sessions will host approximately 200 high school juniors and seniors around the Metro Atlanta area.read more
On Tuesday, May 19, 2015, the Georgia Legislative Black Caucus, Inc. (GLBC), in collaboration with community partners, will host its first annual Sex Trafficking Symposium. During this day-long series of presentations and interactive sessions, attendees will learn about the sex trafficking dilemma in Georgia; hear from industry professionals regarding local, state and national efforts to protect individuals from exploitation; discuss options for help; and develop policy recommendations.read more
Thank you to our supporters!
Register and Secure your room today!